It’s days like this where I want to cling to Holton and protect him from every possible bad thing from this big scary world. But, I know that’s not an option. So instead I will simply be grateful for all the many blessings that we have in our lives. I will be grateful for each day I have with my family and I will continue to think of Star’s smile.
Thursday, February 7, 2008
Remembering Star
This blog is typically all about Holton, but I really wanted to post a brief note about this. It was three years ago today that Adam’s cousin Kari lost her beautiful daughter Star to cancer. Star was a bright, happy, 4 year old little girl who had a huge impact on everyone she ever met…..including me. Today I am filled with fond memories of her and of course, my thoughts and prayers are with Kari and her family.

It’s days like this where I want to cling to Holton and protect him from every possible bad thing from this big scary world. But, I know that’s not an option. So instead I will simply be grateful for all the many blessings that we have in our lives. I will be grateful for each day I have with my family and I will continue to think of Star’s smile.
It’s days like this where I want to cling to Holton and protect him from every possible bad thing from this big scary world. But, I know that’s not an option. So instead I will simply be grateful for all the many blessings that we have in our lives. I will be grateful for each day I have with my family and I will continue to think of Star’s smile.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Kim, this made me tear up. Owen is four right now, as you know. My heart is with Star's family. I remember 3 years ago when she died and how torn up both you and Adam were. My prayers are with you and Adam and Star's family. I am in awe of the courage that Star's family possesses.
Kim, I really feel for you. My cousin lost their child at the age of four to cancer as well. It is the hardest thing in the world. Tyler is four now and I cannot imagine life without him. I hope Star and Zachary are playing happily in heaven. My thoughts are with both of them.
Kim, I can't imagine having to go through the loss of a child. It's stories like these that make me realize how precious our time is with our children and that we should never take advantage of the opportunities to let them know how much they are loved and cherished! My thoughts are with Star's family and with you and Adam.
Post a Comment