Four little letters.....with so much power. Stop is Holton’s new anthem.
You see Holton is nearly two and he is already starting to exhibit some of the fun “Terrible Two” antics. He climbs up the headboard, tries to pull down the lamp, he slams open the glass shower door, be bangs silverware on the table, he climbs up on the table, he gives the dog his dinner instead of eating.
Whenever we tell him to not do the lovely things he replies with “stop”. He says it very clearly with defiance…….stop. Excuse me? Aren’t you the cute, lovely child and aren’t we the parents, i.e. rule makers? Not in Holton’s world. He’ll just say “stop” and expect you to leave him alone.
I’ll think I’ll try that approach at my job this week. When I'm supposed to go to a meeting, my response will be "stop". I’ll let you know how it goes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
What a chuckle you gave me.... my kids still think this will work
Try this on Holton, "If you would let me finish!" See. He might understand what you were trying to do if he didn't keep interupting you. It may put an end to the "stop!" I know I learned my lesson today.
Dying to know what comment you deleted.
Wait until you start using the counting technique. Jonah hates that! He'll start yelling "No, Mommy! :)
Post a Comment