Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, February 9, 2009

So, how did we do?

I'm very pleased to report that we a blast in Oklahoma! I guess it really is all about the company, because we had a great group and a wonderfully dirtbag weekend.

There were six of us in all and we had plenty of room at the Family Lodge. The "redneck club" included Patrick and Amanda, Monte and Mandy, and Adam & me.

Our home away from home
And guess what? I really enjoyed four wheeling. I didn't like to go too fast and Adam was a very courteous driver. After we rode with the boys, Amanda and I took off on our own. I actually found myself screaming "weeeeeeee" while I got the four wheeler up to an impressive 40 MPH!


I didn't go coyote hunting, but I did shoot some of the guns at beer cans and shooting clays. Oh and on Saturday night we sat in the truck while the boys tried to round up a coyote, but we didn't see one. (you might be a redneck if.....)

Here I am shooting while Patrick watches in frustration. How hot is my outfit?

Mandy shooting as Patrick and Monte supervise.

Monte doing his very own Ford commercial with his new truck. The guys were in love with his ride!

This is while we were arrow head hunting. We all came up empty handed.


The Newlyweds. Patrick strategiclly opened his shirt just for this picture.

Here we are around the lake. Thankfully we didn't see any snakes.


Saturday night we drove over to the local restuarant for some good ole' Chicken Fried Steak, hamburgers and beer. We met some very interesting characters!

No doubt the most interesting man we met was named Paul. He boldly told us that many years ago at A&M he got into a fight with a man. He said that man is no longer with us....and Paul got kicked out of school. Not knowing what to say, we said he was a very tough guy. He responded, "No, I'm just Paul". The look on Monte's face about sums it all up.

After we ate our lovely meal.


Mandy and Monte, who Adam christened, "Manty". It's like the new Brangelina.

Adam with his Unlce Doug

My sister-in-law who had no problems with the outdoor life! She didn't even complain that Patrick didn't shower Saturday and Sunday.

Finally, I'll leave you with a picture of Patrick, his birthday cake, and a skull. Need I say more.......

1 comment:

Amy said...

Wow - seeing these pictures brought back some good and bad memories. I went with Shelley one year back in high school for a family reunion there at the lodge. And then, we went camping on the land one year. My dad came along and we slept in this HUGE army tent that Clay brought. You'll have to ask Adam about it. Good times.