Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, October 12, 2009

Our brush with fame

Yesterday Adam and I decided to take Holton to the great State Fair of Texas. The buzz around town has been all about Oprah taping her show from the Fair on Monday October 12th.

Well, as luck would have it, guess who made a surprise appearance on Sunday?
This picture is from a co-worker. It looks like they were close enough to touch Oprah.

When we got to to the Fair, Adam & I immediately saw the Oprah crew filming Big Tex. Then, we saw the police motorcycles escort in a huge camera on a crane. And you couldn't miss the two helicopters circling the air. The rumor was Oprah was in the helicopter scoping out the scene. All of this commotion got us pretty excited!

I finally said we needed to move on because who knew if we'd ever see Oprah. So off we went to look at the new cars. As we're leaving the GMC trucks, we see a caravan of police motorcycles, mini van and several black SUVs. I about died and we started to run towards the action.

We first saw Oprah's best friend Gayle King. I waved and hollered "Hi Gayle!" Adam said she looked very happy that someone recognized her - ha - and Gayle smiled & waved back at me. The cars all stopped and everyone swarmed to take pictures. Holton and I stayed back a little bit and these are pics from my phone.

You can click on any of these pictures to see the bigger version.

That's Oprah's head in the car (between her scary security guy and the guy taking the picture)

I immediately called Patrick and Amanda and told them to get out there. They hopped in the car and check out the pictures that Amanda got!

Check out Oprah eating a famous Texas State Fair Corny Dog

Oprah bought her cowboy hat a the local Stetson booth - wonder how much that cost?

It was really cool to be that close to such a huge celebrity. Even Adam was very impressed with it all. So how did we top all this? Adam, Patrick and Amanda did this...
Look really close at the pic above. See the orange jacket? That's them on the top right - way high up in the air. No thanks!



You gotta love the fair...even this guy.

1 comment:

Amy said...

That is the neatest thing - WOW- seeing Oprah. I love going to the fair, but this year our schedules wouldn't allow us to go. I am definitely putting it down for next year. Glad yall had such a great time.