Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

A Country Boy (and girl) Can Survive

You know I can't forget about us adults and our Halloween costumes!!  One of my very best friends in the entire world, Holly, had a Halloween party this past weekend.  I haven't posted about Holly on our blog, but now is the perfect time. 

Holly was diagnosed with breast cancer earlier this year and it was a complete shock to us all.  Throughout this whole stressful experience, Holly has been an absolute inspiration to me and so many others.  I truly admire her strength, courage, and positive attitude.  She is a mom to 2 young kids and had to go through a heck of a lot over the past 7 months.  Thankfully she just wrapped up her last rounds of chemo & and she has a wonderful prognosis! 

We are so happy to help her move forward with the next chapter of her life.  And what better way to celebrate then a good ole fashioned Halloween party! 

I went as Dolly Parton to join Adam's costume - we'll get to him later - and this is Holly.  She looked fantastic as a sexy lil Medusa!
Holly's husband Jay, aka Lt. Dangle. 
Sorry for the poor quality of these pics, used the ole phone that night. 

Some of us girls at the party.  That's Dee on my right.   

 We knew that Adam was going to have a full beard for this party.  He just got back from deer hunting and he always sports his mountain man beard for a week or two after upon his return. Well, Dee's husband suggested that he be Hank Williams Jr. this year, especially given all the hot water old Hank got himeself into with ESPN. 

How good does Adam look as Hank?  He even had the necklace, dirtbag belt buckle and the no Monday night football sticker.



Hank Jr. and  Dolly

Dolly and Hank with the Cords. It's always so fun to see them!  I've been friends with Dee since the 6th grade.  We are old, Dee! 

Thank you for a great night Holly & Jay!  I do believe you have started a new tradition with this party.  We love y'all!


No comments: