Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 21, 2008

The Call

It was bound to happen. Yesterday I experienced Holton’s first real “boo boo”. My mom dropped Holton off at daycare for one hour so that she could go hang with my little bro and his fiancé. So I’m at work finishing up my day when the school calls to tell me that Holton was outside, fell, hit the back of his head on the concrete and had a bump on his head. They wanted me to come get him to see whether or not he should go to the doctor.

You should have seen me at work. My first real Holton emergency and I was cool, calm and collected. Then on the way over to the school I became the typical frantic mom. I called the pediatrician and they told me what to watch for and this got me a little nervous. So, I picked up the pace and sped over there. And when I arrived at school, I couldn’t get out of my car fast enough. I looked like the biggest dork ever running in the parking lot, in my heels, in front of all these parents. But, all was just fine. Holton was outside playing and I was so relieved to see that he was ok.

He was his normal self last night. Here he is in the bath.

2 comments:

The Daily Stroll said...

Those calls are the worst! I've had several with accident prone Jonah. I had three in one day a few weeks ago which resulted in a busted lip, a bite mark, and a bump on the cheek! Boys will be boys!

The Daily Stroll said...

Glad to hear that he was okay though and didn't have to go to the doctor!!