Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, October 13, 2008

It's no big deal, right?

I took Holton to the store to stock up on overnight diapers and I thought I'd treat to him to one new toy. He first picked up a great yellow school bus with kids inside. We were leaving the aisle when out of the corner of his eye he noticed a wall of pink and lavender. Seeing this I moved the cart quicker and quicker. But I was too slow.

Holton pushed his yellow shcool bus away and said "no bus"! He pointed and cried for the same exact toy, but in all pink! I could just hear Adam yelling "nooooooo" all the way from his golf trip in Vegas. So I put the yellow and the pink shcool bus side by side and let him choose. Well......


Holton even slept with this bus on Saturday night. Sorry Adam, I tried.

4 comments:

The Daily Stroll said...

LOL! Jonah loves anything pink too! Josh just says it means that they are actually very smart because they have already learned that girls like pink so they should like it too in order to get the girls ;)

Anonymous said...

That's so funny. A couple weeks ago I took Elijah to the store to buy a birthday gift for a little friend of his who was having a party. His friend is a girl and he knows this but as I steered him toward the aisle full of pink and purplie stuff he just stopped dead in his tracks and groaned, "this is GIRL stuff!!" I just started laughing and saying "Yes, that's correct. And is Riley a girl?" He nodded and reluctantly walked forward to resume the shopping. It was so great though. Enjoy the unbiased attitude while you can!!
-Jill

Roni said...

OMG!! Too funny. Hunter throws a fit if I buy him anything other than his Pink Bubble Gum Magic Princess toothpaste.

Robin said...

Tpp funny - everyone of my boys have been impressed with pink or purple around 2-3. It just about kills Jimmy!