Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 9, 2008

A ride and an insult

So last week I resorted to bribing my almost two year old. He needed a haircut so off we went to the mall. It was no coincidence we chose one that had a Thomas the Train store. So during his haircut, when he was less than enthusiastic, I just kept saying "choo choo train". Well it worked and the minute we were out of the barber chair Holton was headed for the train store.

Currently, choo choo trains are at the top of Holton's list of favorites. Here are his other faves:

• Toy ball
• Dinosaur
• Trucks/Cars
• Shamu
• Ice Cream

We did the train "ride" first. It circles around the store a couple of times. Holton of course wanted me to ride with him. Right before I sit down with him the kid running the machine says to me - just don't lean over too much to one side or it might tip over. Really? Really teenage kid working at a train store?


It looks like we were really trucking along here. Notice how straight my back was during the ride? No tipping for me!

Holton found a possible 2nd Birthday present.

It was so great to watch his face light up with all the Thomas toys. I just told Holton to never grow up like that lovely teenage boy. All in all, a good learning lesson, a good haircut and a happy Holton.

1 comment:

Roni said...

Don't worry, I have to bribe Hunter with a new toy every time he needs a hair cut.