Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 8, 2010

10 years, baby!!

Adam and I celebrated our 10 year anniversary on July 1st. It's so hard to believe it's been 10 years....that's a lifetime by Hollywood marriage standards. I'm very proud that we reached 10 years and I know that we'll have many more ahead of us. Adam is a wonderful husband and father....ok, enough with the mushy stuff. Let's get on to how we celebrated.

I knew I wanted to go to Savannah GA because I've never been. Adam recommended that we also spend a couple days in Charleston SC, so that's where we started our trip. Can I just say two words - FANTASTIC food! Those folks in Charleston know how to do it up right! We never had a bad meal.

Our first meal was at the "Hominy Grill". This place is a must! It's been on the Travel Channel, Rachel Ray, and the NY Times did a write up on it.

I had the "Big Nasty" sandwich. Heaven!


For dinner we ate at this lovely restaurant. The cool kids call is SNOB. It was awesome! Adam and I both love grits now! We had some great shrimp and grits.

We took a carriage tour through the city.










Finally we did a local tour called the "Gullah Tour". It was great! We sat in air conditioned van, saw several different churches, cemeteries, beautiful homes and learned a lot obout the history of Charleston.


We also learned about Phillip Simmons. He was a famed blacksmith whose wrought-iron gates and more than 500 other works grace gardens and entryways along the South Carolina coast and beyond U.S. borders (ok, so I borrowed that from USA today).


This was Phillip's home, which became a museum in June. We were able to go inside and visit his shop out back where he created his works of art.

They even had his artwork at the Charleston airport!

So Charleston was a great spot to visit. So much history there! I'll post pics of our Savannah trip in the next update. I know you are dying with anticipation!

1 comment:

Roni said...

Congrats to 10 years. Now I want to take that trip. Looks like so much fun!